The team at NewRocket recently collaborated with Fairfax Media on their multi-department service portal. Fairfax Media is one of the largest media companies in Australia and New Zealand, with investments in newspaper, magazines, radio and digital properties. Fairfax had previously deployed six independent department portals with little continuity among them. NewRocket proposed developing one single portal experience to facilitate seamless navigation among the portals while still preserving individual department identities. The new portal unifies the company and allows portal users to accomplish their tasks quickly across multiple departments.
NewRocket’s skill and depth of knowledge in UI and UX design and their understanding of ServiceNow helped to make our Intranet and Service Portal design project very successful. The final product is exactly what we wanted, easy to learn, easy to use, simple to maintain and a joy to develop.
– Scott Paterson, Fairfax Technology Service Manager
Check out this video created by the Fairfax team:
The portal features a user centric design model that allows for quick access to ticket and request statuses as well as the ability to personalize content throughout the portal. The use of simple icons and department based filtering creates an easy to use system for ordering and reading articles. The portal has been well received by both the employees and administrators.
- Multiple departments (IT, Finance, HR, Legal, Health & Safety, Business Intelligence)
- Unique department landing pages
- Smart search widget with grouped search sources
- Facebook integration for news feed
- Searchable staff directory
- Custom department specific icons
- 6 knowledge bases combined into a single knowledge portal
- Fully responsive for mobile and tablet users
Take a look at the portal and let us know what you think in the comments below.